Saturday 24 November 2012

Random Scrambling!

     A loud snore comes from my Grandma's room, the ticking of the clock resonating in the living room, the only sound apart from the thudding of my laptop keys. A stray yellow light makes its way into my room, the only light apart from my Desktop light. It's the middle of the night and I am more awake than I was during the day!
      Away from the crass cacophony of the day, I cherish the mellifluous silence of the night, when I can hear the honking of the train borne by the winds, from the railway station 3 kms away, right to my doorstep. It is the time for self contemplation. Well, to turn into a self proclaimed philosopher.
      Recently I heard a few lines with stuck with me,
 " Din ke ujiyaare mein na kar koi aisa kaam ki raat ke andhiyare mei neend na aaye,
    Raat ke andhere mei na kar koi aisa kaam ki din ke ujaare mei muhh chpata fire! "
...And I muse over my day...Getting up with the sound of Dadiji's morning aarti. That furious solving of Differential Equations (grRRHhhh!!) of which I am likely to have no use after 25th Feb, the preparation for mock test for CLAT, the hour spent in traffic jam (another grrRRh!), the I-am-interested-in-talking-to-you-chat with pados wali aunty! The hunger, and Mum's amazing pasta with garlic bread (wooooOOOooow!). What a day!
       And then the night waltzes in, in so intriguing a fashion, the sun sets, and the sky is suddenly shrouded with a dark blanket. Stars look like torch light thrown by some space creature! The world sleeps whilst I think of all possible random things, school, friends, sister, clothes, crushes (yup! it is plural!), and a lot of philosophy.
      There are days when we are in the self deprecating mood, pity for our own selves, that's what we often thrive on. Till we see someone with way less, and suddenly we are infused with an inspiration. Prayers are said in gratitude, prayers are said for the less fortunate (who well, just helped us feel better about our lives), and then the night passes away, The next morning, we get up late. Find our uniform crumpled, our lucky pen missing, and we miss the bus. It's back to being the most pathetic life ever. once again, we are consumed in self pity!
       But there are also the days we have our highs, our smile couldn't have got bigger, life could not have treated us better. All smiles, we are ready to give a Miss Universe speech then!
   

    Equanimty???
Not something we know. We are teenagers who have highs and lows in the same day, sometimes even at the same time! We are teenagers who can laugh at PJs and make faces at a witty remark. We pretend to know stuffs we have no clue of. We say we hate gossip, and yet can indulge in it all day long! We are always fretting about our looks, (too fat!/ too thin!) (too pointed a nose/ too broad!) (too fair/ too dark!) (too tall/ too short!) and bad hair days can make us shun the world and everything around. You can look at us and say in that familiar tone, "Teenagers (sigh)!"
"Hell yeah! We are t(h)ee nag(g)ers!"

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of my days of contemplation and philosophical retrospection. However, I would like to point out,given that I am in mid-20s, that what you do or what you face, extends well into your youth and not necessarily confined to teenage.
    Nicely worded post, I loved your choice of words, amazing display of creative vocab..
    Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the positive review! :)
      And I guess the capriciousness is here to stay! It does add a lot of spice to life! :)

      Delete